Developed by the ECDL Foundation, this Basic Web Design course which is also known as ECDL Web Editing is a new certification designed to give you the skills required to design and create a web site, without having to commit to the time and expense of a professional-level web design programme.
This makes Web Editing an ideal certification for small businesses, individuals who need to have web design and editing knowledge for work, community groups and second-level students. .
By explaining the basics and cutting through the jargon of web site design, ECDL Web Editing gives you the skills you need to get started.
- Proficiency in internet and e-mail use (including attachments)
- Word processing
- Web Concepts
- Web Authoring
- Using Objects
- Prepare Upload
This module enables you to understand key web design and publishing concepts and enables you to create, upload, and maintain a web site.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand key web concepts and terms
- Know about the basic principles of HTML and use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages, format text, and work with hyperlinks and tables
- Recognise and use common web image formats and create forms in a web page
- Understand and use cascading style sheets (CSS)
- Be able to prepare web pages for publishing to a web server
Pery Square Business College provide training for companies, individuals and groups. We run scheduled training courses from our premises in Pery Square and also offer onsite training tailored to the needs of any organisation. Pery Square Business College have over 20 years industry experience.
We cater for all ages and skill levels - from Absolute Beginners to Business Professionals and Trainers.
Our Tutors are all highly qualified and class sizes are kept small.
We cater for Business Training, both in-house at our training rooms or on-site at the company's offices.
Specially customised training affords our Business Clients the assurance of compliance within their I.T. and customer service systems.
Our Recruitment Agency links up with many organisations in the Limerick city and Mid-West Region offering a discreet and confidential service for both temporary and permanent placements to the private and public sectors. All candidates are screened by experienced consultants prior to introduction, in order to match the most suitable candidate to our customer requirements.