Microsoft Access is great programme to work with and mastering this popular database application will provide you with skills needed in a variety of employments sectors.This detailed and varied training course will guide you through a wide range of aspects of the Microsoft Access programme. You’ll gain hands-on, practical experience throughout, meaning you can put the theory into practice.Designed for
Anyone looking to gain experience and knowledge of this popular Microsoft Office database programme.
If you’re looking to update your skills from an earlier version of Microsoft Access, this course will show you all the new features and help you find your way around the 2013 version of the software.Prerequisites
You don’t need any experience with Microsoft Access itself but some prior experience of the Microsoft Office applications would be an advantage to you at the start of this course.Aims and Objectives
- This course will help you learn how to effectively use the 2013 Microsoft Access programme and be able to confidently work with the package in a business setting.
- By the end of the course you will be able to start, build, update and maintain a database competently within this popular programme.
- Lesson One: The terminology used in an Access database, starting the Access 2013 program, opening an existing sample database, opening a table, query, form and report, entering a new record, finding records, sorting records, printing a report, closing a database.
- Lesson Two: Planning and design, relationships, design view, defining fields, data types and properties, creating a new blank database, creating tables, entering data using datasheet view, re-sizing columns, using the lookup wizard.
- Lesson Three: Defining relationships, creating a table using the datasheet view, formatting the datasheet, modifying the table design, creating a database using a template, renaming an object.
- Lesson Four: Editing data in form and datasheet views, adding new records, using print preview, changing page orientation, printing a datasheet, enforcing referential integrity in a relationship, creating a relationship report, creating a form using the form tool, working with controls in form design, using themes, modifying properties in a form.
- Lesson Five: Using advanced sort, using filter by form, importing a table from an external database, using a junction table to resolve a many to many relationship, defining a composite (primary) key, adding a new field to a form, using a calculated control on a form, creating a multi-value field, creating an attachment field, creating a form using the form wizard, adding a calculated field to a table.
- Lesson Six: Using query wizard, setting sort criteria, using ‘or’ and ‘and’ in queries, using expressions to set criteria, creating different types of queries, creating and naming a calculated field in a query, using aggregate functions.
- Lesson Seven: Adding a field with data validation in a table, creating a form with subform, entering data using a form/subform combination, creating a split form, creating a basic report, using the report wizard, creating and modifying the design of a report, using the concatenate expression, inserting a logo to a report, adding a subreport to an existing report.
- Lesson Eight: Exporting an html document, understanding object dependencies, importing an excel spreadsheet into a table, exporting a spreadsheet, importing a text file into a table, using the analyse table function, using the analyse performance function, using the database documenter.
- Lesson Nine: Adding a chart to a form, modifying a chart in a form, changing the tab order in a form, displaying the current date and time in a form, applying conditional formatting to a field, creating a navigation form, customising the ribbon.
- Learn how to use the latest version for this popular database programme.
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace.
- A workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course.
- The opportunity to gain a widely recognised Pitman Training certificate.
Course duration: 22 hours