Why Choose A+?
The CompTIA A+ certification is now held by thousands of people world wide and is recognised as the starting point for many in their IT career. Many small businesses require internal staff to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems and perform upgrades. This can help reduce costs while maintaining efficiency in all businesses. It is important to note that many companies require their field engineers to have this qualification before they will let them touch a PC.
CompTIA qualifications are vendor neutral and sponsored by the world's largest IT companies including IBM, Intel, Novell, Microsoft and Unisys.
To show the importance of this qualification, Microsoft counts the A+ and N+ as one of the electives in an MCSA. Further details are available at www.comptia.org.
It consists of two main elements: PC Hardware and Software
At the end of this course you will be able to:-
- Dismantle, re-assemble and build PC’s
- Install and upgrade the most popular operating systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Identify and solve printing errors
- Understand and solve basic networking problems
Potential Job Roles:-
- First line support
- Help desk operator
- PC service engineer
- Office IT Assistant
- Hardware Software
- Installation, Configuration and Upgrading OS Fundamentals
- Diagnosing and Troubleshooting Installation, Configuration and Upgrading
- Preventive Maintenance Diagnosing and Troubleshooting
- Motherboard/Processors/Memory Networks
- Basic Networking
Operating Systems Technologies