Individuals wishing to pursue a career as a Legal Secretary.
Comprehensive end-user knowledge of Microsoft Word, competent keyboarding (at least 40 wpm), good letter layout and office practice skills.
To give an introduction to the work, responsibilities, practice and structure of a Criminal Law Department in a legal office.
- Lesson 1: Initial Stages in a Criminal Law case, Different Categories of Offence, Attendance notes.
- Lesson 2: Statements of Accused, Preparing Information.
- Lesson 3: Witness Statements, Instructions to Counsel.
- Lesson 4: Dealing with Offenders, Legal Aid Claim Forms, Preparing an Invoice.
- Develop an awareness of the workings and structure of a Criminal Law Department
- The flexibility and value of a self-study module designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the module
- The opportunity to gain a widely recognised qualification, a Pitman Training Certificate