Individuals wishing to pursue a career as a Legal Secretary.
Comprehensive end-user knowledge of Microsoft Word, competent keyboarding (at least 40 wpm), good letter layout and office practice skills.
To give an introduction to the work, responsibilities, practice and structure of the Company Law Department in a legal office.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Company Law, Instruction Form.
- Lesson 2: Companies House, Form 10.
- Lesson 3: Form 12, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association.
- Lesson 4: Incorporation, Company Seal, Company Meetings.
- Lesson 5: Forms 287 and 288a, Annual Return, Stock Transfer Form.
- Develop an awareness of the workings and structure of a Company Law Department
- The flexibility and value of a self-study module designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- A personalised workbook to use and keep as a reference guide on completion of the module
- The opportunity to gain a widely recognised qualification, a Pitman Training Certificate